An action finished in the past!
I played with my friends yesterday.
Last year I was in Germany.
One week ago she had her birthday.
VERB + ed
skied, watched, jumped
-e: hate – hated
-y: study – studied
(consonant – vowel – consonant) : stop – stopped, plan – planned
Here is an example of some irregular verbs
She saw her friend at school yesterday.
She didn’t see her friend at school yesterday.
Did she see her friend at school yesterday?
I (he/she/it) was at the cinema last week.
You (we/they) were on holidays last month.
Complete the sentences in the simple past.
1. I … (to be) in Paris last week.
2. She … (to play) with her cat.
3. … we … (to have) an amazing week?
4. They … (to go) to a restaurant with friends.
5. … (to be) he happy to see her?
6. I … (to write) a postcard to my grand-mother.
7. I … (not/to wash) my clothes.